- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics or a related field with relevant experience
- Professional IT or information security certification (CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CISM, etc.)
- Minimum of eight years' experience in an IT security role
- Knowledge of monitoring and managing network and host-based intrusion prevention systems actively in-line, Full Packet Capture (with analytics), data loss prevention, malware prevention systems, vulnerability scanning solutions, DDOS protection, security event/information management, host-based integrity checking, end-point security and AV
- Knowledge of cyber security threats, risks, vulnerabilities, and attacks, to include threat actor motives, capabilities, and techniques, with the ability to analyze intelligence data and provide indicators and warnings to healthcare and financial services business functions
- Experience within multiple OS environments (e.g. Unix/ Linux, Windows); preferably with systems administration experience
- Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Full fluency in English with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- German language skills advantageous.
The successful candidate should be available to take up the position in January 2021, and will initially be offered a full-time (40 hours per week), fixed-term contract for one year with the possibility for extension to an open-ended contract thereafter.
This position is classified as a ''Professional level'' post.
The minimum annual gross salary for this position is
€ 44,472 which is exempt from income tax in Austria (subject to the principle of income aggregation – “Progressionsvorbehalt”)
The advertised salary is:
- Negotiable, based on the qualifications, skills and experience of the selected individual
- Subject to deductions for health insurance and/or social security
- Not directly comparable with other employers in Austria, due to the unique legal status and privileges granted to IIASA
- Educational subsidies for children of school age enrolled in private schools in Austria
- A generous annual leave allowance
- Tax free shopping privileges
- Moving and settlement allowances and paid home leave for employees in scientific and professional categories hired from international locations.
For further information please visit working at IIASA.