This position provides Environmental and Health and Safety coordination to the Schrems site. The EHS coordinator identifies potential safety hazards in operations and documents and reports the findings to supervisors. The EHS coordinator participates and drives the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents and ensures the follow-up is done to minimize future exposure. Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures and practices.
An EHS coordinator examines the operations of a company as a whole and determine if they are environmentally friendly. And the EHS coordinator participates in manufacturing meetings and Management of change processes to discuss workplace safety and regulatory concerns and opportunities.
Your Key Deliverables
- Identification of hazards and risks (risk assessments)
- Inspections of workplaces (office floor)
- Support establishing EHS trainings
- Support organization of audits, which includes audit preparation, conducting and presentation of programs and finally defining action plans based on audit results and drive the closing of actions.
- Report and investigation of incidents, trending of incidents (accidents, First aid cases, cluster of Near misses and observations) and define actions
- Consultation of department leads in all EHS relevant fields
- Evaluation of plant layout based on EHS aspects
- Regular information of employees about actual EHS topics
- Support the development and deployment of EHS management systems (ISO14001/OSHAS 18001/ISO 50001)
- Monitors and analyses EHS metrics and establish action plans to close gaps
- Thrives EHS programs, cooperates and supports EHS Champions
- Experience in a similar EHS role and industrial environment.
- Understanding and ability of risk identification and risk mitigation
- Problem solving knowledge and experience
- Experience in manufacturing area
- Fluent in written and oral German and English
- Knows how to work effectively with customers, co-workers, and other company personnel
- Understands and practices the need for effective communications
- Capability to set priorities and respect deadline
- Continually curious about facilitating existing processes
- Passion for using and learning
- Focus on engaging stakeholders for EHS topics
- A mind for analyze progress and results
- Safety Expert Certification or willing to do parallel to this role
- Electrical or mechanical basic education
Depending on the qualification, we offer a salary according to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement for the electrical and electronics industry in the relevant employment group. The salary for this position is above the collective agreement and, depending on training, qualifications and professional experience, is min. EUR 37.500 gross annually.