This laboratory science/technician function is responsible to lead/support lab projects in Fractionation Lab to evaluate process improvements (e.g. yield, throughput) and investigate for technical problem-solving in manufacturing. Therefore planning/supporting and performance of lab and pilot scale studies to mimic manufacturing conditions in detail is part of the daily work. After experimental performance the data collection and analysis to evaluate impact on product quality, technical problem solving, and yield improvements are performed. Additionally equipment and lab maintenance, but also improvements of lab techniques / equipment are part of the working area.
Job in detail:
- Responsible for the performance and results / for support of the assigned frac. lab studies
- Able to design and execute / support complex experiments
- Lead and coordinate execution of experiments (only scientists)
- Excellent understanding of all /multiple laboratory equipment
- Coach other professionals on lab technique (only scientists)
- Good understanding of statistics (only scientists)
- Good presentation and writing skills (German and English - mainly scientists)
- Help resolve complex problems with minor business impact by performing lab studies
- Responsible to support risk based assessments and /or recommendations for business critical decisions or documents
- Use best practice/knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products/services/processes (mainly scientists)
- Proactively monitor and drive / support innovative and purpose driven improvement within PDTS
Skills you need:
- HTL or University degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Technology, or similar qualification
- Strong working knowledge and expertise in the area of biochemistry, protein purification, and engineering principles
- Experience in the management of small and medium projects, team player
- Good knowledge of statistics
- Innovative and creative thinking
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position is € 2.438,75 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.