The Head of Technical Services, part of the PDTS (Process Development and Technical Services) organization, is responsible for directing the Technical Services organization and for defining and prioritizing the on-going developments/improvements, problem solving processes and projects within Shire?s plasma business. S/He is in close contact with the manufacturing and quality organizations, and with relevant process experts. Key in this role is the development and direction of strategies that will drive the achievements of the companies\ business objectives.
About the position:
- Manage and develop the Technical Services group, leading a team of approx. 50 employees with 7 direct reports
- Assure process robustness and supply reliability by controlling the manufacturing process life cycle from process / product development and authority submission to routine production
- Responsible for providing a reliable yield status (actual data) and accurate yield forecasts for all plasma products together with strategies to meet the yield targets
- Develop and direct strategies to drive yield improvement projects, to reduce lead times, to secure the process and to reduce deviation.
- Contribute to long term strategic planning
- Evaluate the suitability of new technologies for the implementation in manufacturing and work with Process Science and the plant operations team to ensure successful transition to the manufacturing floor
- Ensure compliance with current GMP and other regulatory requirements
- Apply Lean, Six Sigma and DMAIC methods to improve the manufacturing processes and to determine causes of product failures or process shifts
- Guide and monitor projects/tasks/initiatives and ensure timely implementation
Skills you need:
- Master or PhD degree in technical / scientific education, preferably biochemistry, biotechnology or pharma - process engineering is essential
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a similar role in the field of Technical Operations, Process Management, Manufacturing within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably biotechnology
- Broad knowledge and experience within the GMP environment, including Lean and SixSigma and knowledge of regulatory affairs
- Strong and proven leadership experience and capability
- Very successful track record of change management projects and processes
- High level of customer orientation and organizational skills
- Out of the box thinker
- Enthusiastic, decisive, motivating and convincing personality
- International background appreciated
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written communication skills in German and English
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position is € 4.500,- gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.